The Friend's Tavern

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come in come in! Have a seat would ya! Come on, sit down, have a drink, and tell us all about your travels!

Sterner Stuff

Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Sterner Stuff Empty Sterner Stuff

Post by Voipray Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Darius struggled and writhed against the grip of the guard captain of his town, his fists still glistening red with the blood of the children he had just pummeled. "DARIUS WHAT'D I TELL YOU LAST TIME?! WHAT DID I SAY WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU PULLED THIS STUFF AGAIN!" the captain shouted at the young Darius. He was only met with angered screams and grunts as Darius tried to break free of his grasp. The captain shook his head "By the light what are we gonna do with you?" he said quite literally dragging him back to the orphanage. "I HOPE YOU DIE YOU PIECE OF TRASH!" Darius shouted "You wait till your caretaker hears about this you little punk".

Darius sat in his room, he was supposed to be getting disciplined right about now but thankfully someone came into the orphanage and started asking about him. He was shaking with rage, his fists still clenched instinctively as if expecting someone to show up and assault him. The door opened and Darius sprang off his bed to his feet, it was one of the caretakers... "Darius, come with me." She spoke. She saw Darius didn't budge and so with a harsh glare repeated herself "Darius... Come with me." Reluctantly Darius followed her.

He was led into a small room with a wooden table and a few chairs. As he came in he saw a frightening looking man... clad in heavy steel armor with the Regnoran army sigil engraved onto his breastplate. Darius was scared, he sat down across from the man and the caretaker left them together. There was a moment of awkward silence before the man spoke. "Hey kid... I saw what you were doing out there earlier..." Darius' heart sank, he knew EXACTLY what this man meant. "Now I didn't get the best look at them but from the way it looked... those boys are gonna be bed ridden for the next month... you know that right?" Darius nodded slowly. "Why'd you do it?" he asked. Darius was quiet but somehow found the courage to speak "Th-they... made a girl cry..." he said with a blush looking away. "That's it?" "They... they hurt her too..." "And so you beat them within an inch of their lives." Darius went silent. The man laughed softly "You know... honestly? What you did was wrong, but I respect you for it." Darius looked up in a strange burst of hope. "You and me... let's chat a bit."
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Sterner Stuff Empty Re: Sterner Stuff

Post by Voipray Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:11 pm

"You! Recruit! You're up!" The dueling sergeant shouted. Darius stepped out into the dirt ring awaiting further instructions, he'd done everything right... he'd completed basic training, he'd read all the damned books, he was even raised by General Sturnn for that matter, what more could these military goons throw at him. "I hope you remember your basics." "I do..." "Well good, forget about them right now." "What?" "You're gonna have to improvise because in this duel you won't be restricted to basics, neither will your opponent." Darius stood there in disbelief. What was this? They drilled him this whole time telling him to follow the rules and now all the sudden they just tell him to forget it all?

It was then Darius saw his opponent walk into the ring... A noble born... Darius could tell from a mile away. The polished armor, the fine plumage, the way he tilted his head towards the air... "Here are your weapons, all the edges have been dulled, the object is to force your opponent out of the ring. Understand?" Darius nodded silently, his opponent however rolled his eyes before sliding down the face guard on his helm.

They each grabbed their weapons, the Noble opting for a parrying dagger an a straight sword while Darius grabbed the largest great sword he could find. "Alright... Begin!" At those words the noble quickly darted forward, swinging his blade quickly straight at Darius' head. Darius managed to step back just in time to avoid it. The noble tried again, this time just clipping his face guard. This noble fought like a filthy street rat, was he trying to knock Darius out of the ring or blind him? Darius grunted in frustration, he dug his feet in and shoulder bashed him back a bit trying to get some space to lift his sword. He knew how people like this fought... and he wasn't about to get shown up by some posh noble who joined the Regnoran army just to look good in officer's armor. The noble ran forward again, trying for the very same type of cheap trick, Darius was onto him this time though... Darius with a jerk of his head flipped his face guard up and in what seemed like a moment bit the end of the noble's blade. The noble gasped trying to pull free. In this moment Darius lifted up his hand, and with the back of his hand smacked the noble square in his face sending him reeling back without his sword. The noble shook his head trying to recover... but it was by this time he realized it was too late... Darius charged at him with his great sword in full swing.

CLANG

The noble was sent flying out of the ring with a huge dent in his armor, the sergeant blew into his whistle. "What the hell was that?!" the sergeant asked, Darius turned to stare at him. Two other men rushed over to help up the noble who was now screaming in pain... the armor denting in so far it was hurting him. "You said to forget the basics, so I forgot em." Darius said.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 pm

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" a man shouted before a large explosion erupted from a nearby shack. The regnoran army had made a blitzkrieg assault on a major fortification known as the iron hold, home to Yhorm the self proclaimed prince of bandits. There was fighting in the courtyard and on the ramparts, and the young prodigal officer Darius Sternn was in the thick of it. He was determined to bring that "bandit prince" home dead. He ran through the fray, striking down anyone foolish enough to get in his way, his great sword quite literally cleaving through all obstacles in front of him. Three enemy warriors clad in plate armor jumped in front of him "Protect the prince!" one shouted before firing a crossbow at Darius. Darius raised his hand to shield his face, the bolt glancing off his shoulder pad. Darius didn't have time for this, he hoisted his great sword back and then with all his might swung it forth. Two stepped away but one remained just long enough for Darius' blade to slam into his helmet, the sheer inertial force allowing it to cut clean through the man's helmet... and his head. The other two ran in horror "Screw this! I didn't sign up to fight monsters!" one shouted.

Darius charged on towards the keep, he figured if the prince died the rest would give up and surrender. Darius was in luck... Yhorm had taken the field. He wielded a lavish rapier, the hilt made of solid gold, studded with gems. Darius watched from a distance, surveying his prey... Yhorm was no stranger to combat... everyone who assailed them found themselves impaled through the throat before they could so much as lift their blade. Darius snarled behind his teeth, this man wouldn't take another regoran life, not while he was there.

Darius ran towards him, swinging his greatsword at him. Yhorm backstepped away from the swing, but immediately however lunged back, swatting Darius' hand. Darius winced in shock and stepped back, he had been disarmed. Yhorm chuckled and began to thrust his blade towards Darius. Darius was just able to back pedal and swat the strikes away with his back hand. "Well well well! If it isn't the newest Sternn~" he said. "I was hoping your father would show himself today but... I suppose killing you will have to suffice..." he continued to attack, unleashing a flurry of pokes and jabs with his blade. Some connected with his armor and some just barely nicked him where he was exposed. Darius growled in frustration... he hated these kinds of people, snarky, annoying and with a pansy blade. "HAH! Oh I've missed this... don't worry, your father will join in the beyond soon enough." Yhorm laughed "You're slowing down sternn... it's like you WANT me to slit your thro-" Yhorm choked on his words, his blade had stopped... He couldn't believe his eyes, Darius had caught his blade. Darius stared him down, gripping his blade tightly. Yhorm was nervous "H-heh... fool, are you that mad?" "Not as mad as you might think..." "I can simply pull my blade back! And slice up all those little fingers of yours~" Yhorm pulled his sword back... it didn't budge. "B-but" before another word could be spoken, Darius' free hand slammed into the broadside of the blade shattering it to pieces. Darius roared and jumped forward, grabbing Yhorm and twisting him into a headlock as he began to choke him out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:35 am