The Friend's Tavern

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come in come in! Have a seat would ya! Come on, sit down, have a drink, and tell us all about your travels!

Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!!

Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!! Empty Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!!

Post by Voipray Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Darius and Aleah had enjoyed relative peace at Ashton keep, the Arch Wizard Janeiro had recently departed to deal with personal matters, he promised he would return to complete Aleah's training but for now Aleah had to make do with the training she already had. Aleah no longer lost control of her spells and was able to live her life without any accidents. Darius returned to Ashton keep after denying the position of chapter master of the Ordo Victoria, he enjoys his work greatly. However... the events that took place in the north... the destruction of the Ordo Virtus and the death of Chaplain Thule... it got to Darius at times. Aleah was able to help him through the worst of it, but there were times where Darius found himself questioning... "why?"

It would seem he was the only one asking this question, as the subject of the Ordo Virtus had never been brought up again after that fateful day. He so desperately wanted answers, but all he was some meaningless sigil he stole off the floor of the monastery. Darius waved goodbye to Aleah as he made his way to the nearby village, he needed to take his mind off of things... and visiting the black smith and other shops seemed like a good way of doing this.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!! Empty Re: Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!!

Post by Voipray Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Darius arrived in the town, it was cold as was usual given that fall was finally setting in. And with the approach of fall meant one thing... the hallow's call festival. A season long celebration of the men and women of Ither who have passed away into death's loving and peaceful embrace. During this time of year the necromancers of Daera emerged from their relative hiding to aid in the celebrations. It was common place to see candles lit in windows, or see jack-o-lanterns lining the streets. In truth... the festival was designed to honor the dead, but it has also become a time in which... we cherish the living, and those are still with us. Darius sighed looking at all the candles and the people running around setting up the fall themed decorations.

Now that he was there... he couldn't just ignore it. He made his way toward what appeared to be a large makeshift shrine, a necromancer novice stood next to it in a black cloak with a small wooden cup. The shrine was covered with several lit candles. "Would you like to light a candle sir? To honor the dead?" the novice asked. Darius nodded, placing a silver coin in the cup. "Bless your soul sir..." he said taking out a new candle, lighting it and placing it amongst the others. Darius looked at the candle, he took a knee and said a few short prayers. He thought about all the men who had fallen since he joined the Paladin order... he thought about his deceased father General Sturnn... he even said a few prayers for the Ordo Virtus, praying that their souls may find solace in death. "Necromancer..." Darius said, the Novice raised a brow. "Where do those donations go?" he asked "Toward the funeral arrangements of those too poor to give their loved ones proper burials." Darius nodded. He got up and placed in a few more coins before heading off.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:57 am

Darius continued on into the town, unsure of what he wanted or where he was going. It felt like something was gnawing and eating away at him from the inside and he knew exactly what it was. He was just about to head into the tavern to numb his internal pain a bit, when suddenly he felt a hand grasped at his shoulder. He looked back slowly, stopping in his tracks. "Who are you...?" he said looking back, it was a man clad entirely in a dark and heavy cloak, his face was shrouded in shadow from his hood. "Knight Captain... Darius Sturnn aren't you...?" the man said looking at Darius, his intense facial scarring now visible. Darius paused, rather shocked but he then spoke "Yes... Yes that is me." he said "What do you need sir?" he asked. The man smiled faintly "Oh thank goodness it's truly you... I-I... I need your help..." the man said. Darius raised a brow and sat down with the man.

"I need the aid of a man of faith... and I believe you can help." the man said, Darius nodded letting him continue. "I... I know the legends of the Paladin order, I know many tales and stories of the Order... Even some recent... I-I was once a friend to the order, but alas I have not spoken to a paladin in so long-" the man was rambling "Sir, I understand but... What do you want? You said you needed my help." The man's eyes widened "Oh... oh by the light you're right... I... You see... I believe I know the whereabouts of... Him..." he said softly. Darius' eyes narrowed "Him...? Speak plainly, I have no time for games." "The traitor... the betrayer..." These names were sounding familiar. The man sighed "Jondar..." he said.

Darius went silent, his breathing became heavy, he clenched his fist. "I told you... I am in no mood for games... Tell your lies to some drunk." Darius said angrily, getting up to leave. "But wait! You must believe me! He bore the cursed crimson blade!" the man pleaded. Darius stopped, he believed the man... he really did... but he just did not want to... with every fiber of his being he did not want to believe... "Fine... where is he then."
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Darius came to Aleah, he was clad in a woolen cloak with how cold it was that day. His breath steamed in the cold air. "Aleah... I... I need to ask you something." he said with a grim look on his face, something was troubling him greatly.

She stood from her place in the garden, the smile dripping off her face. "What's wrong...?" She wore a thick, if older, coat over her dress. The goosebumps on her hand and neck showed she still wasn't protected, but she had to do with what she had.

He sighed "The last time I went away... to defeat the Ordo Virtus in the north... I lied to you and that is a sin I will forever regret..." he said softly "Aleah... I must go on a quest, I know not what dangers await me... but I had to tell you... Aleah, please give me your blessing..." he said sounding more like Darius the Paladin than Darius the Man.

She stared at him for quite some time, worry and fear shifting and twisting just underneath the surface. But then she sighed, resignation finally resting there. "Do what you must. It is your duty." Her fingers were cold as ice when they grasped his, "but promise me..." She hesitated, swallowing and evening the shaking in her voice, though she could barely get it above a whisper. "Promise that I'll see you again..."

He leaned forward, enveloping her in a warm hug, their hearts beating in unison. "I promise... By my honor as a paladin I vow I will return to you..." he said. He chuckled softly "Hell itself would have to rise to keep me from you...~"

Suddenly the cold could not touch her, as she was enveloped in his warmth. Emotion seeped through the weak laugh, "Don't say that, now it might actually try." She sighed and pressed her nose into his chest. "Stay safe... You..." She was glad her face was hidden as a deep flush reddened her cheeks, "You mean so much to me."
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:54 am

Darius and the man made their way into the night, Darius kept telling himself he was doing this for the greater good... for the good of the order... for the good of Regnorum... for the good of Daera... but deep down he couldn't help but feel this was fueled by vengeance. He despised Jondar for what he had done and wanted nothing more than to see him die for his crimes. "Knight Captain... you are prepared yes? I... I know not if he is still here but... if he is..." "I will be fine, I am of the Light's chosen... I know no fear." he said plainly, it was true... Darius was more prepared now than he was for anything in his life.

They eventually arrived outside of an old and long forgotten Chapel... it must have been abandoned ages ago and fallen in disrepair. It emanated with a horrid aura of death and despair. The man pointed with frail finger at the chapel "There... that is where I saw him... inside the chapel..." he said. Darius nodded, casting aside his cloak to reveal his armor, gleaming and glowing in the moonlight... Darius looked the part of a warrior of old, prepared to shed the blood of the wicked in the name of the holy light. "Leave, your guidance is no longer needed... and I believe it is not safe here... return to town..." he said. The old man nodded and made his way home. The man grinned once he was out of sight, his eyes glowing red before he faded into dust.

Darius now stared at the Chapel entrance... fighting an enemy of the order inside a place of worship... how very ironic.

"I'm coming for you... Jondar..."

Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!! Latest?cb=20080721203700
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Darius stepped up to the Chapel door, it was old and withered... claw marks of wandering animals were strewn across the the bottom, to think this was once the entrance into a place of worship... Darius sighed, pushing the door open. He peered in, blade in hand prepared for anything.

The Chapel was empty, rotting... crumbling... littered with dust and webs, a few bats took not to his entrance and flew away through the shattered and broken windows. Darius stepped in, the clattering of his metal boots echoing throughout the empty Chapel. He eyed around, seeing the broken ruins of a time long since passed. The faces of the stone statues stared at him, his steps disturbed dust that had been left untouched since the last time the faithful gave worship in this place. This was all too much for him... Darius couldn't help but breath uneasily, his palms sweating, his eyes darting all over in search of something... anything...

There was no to be found in the Chapel... there was no arch traitor here. Darius sighed, getting all worked up... for nothing. Darius grunted and growled in anger, kicking a nearby stone into the wall. He breathed heavily, to think he came all this way to find nothing but the dry skeleton of a church.

Then he heard the creaking of a door, his eyes snapped toward the noise. There was a small wooden door... it had opened on it's own... he could see what appeared to be a feint light coming from the other side. Darius squinted at it, gripping tightly his word as he inched closer and closer to the door.

He opened it all the way and peered in, what he saw... would chill him to his core.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Darius stepped into the small room with wide eyes, he placed a hand over his mouth, nearly vomiting from witnessing the sight before him. He looked around in total terror, the cold stone walls were covered in wet red blood, entrails were strewn about the room, the light from a few red candles allowed him to see it... a body, nailed to the wall with a spike that ran through it's skull. It's chest and stomach had been torn open and gutted, it's blood dripped down onto the floor, and burned onto what was left of its this poor soul's torso... was the eye of blood. The symbol associated with the horrid age of blood... the icon of the foul daemons of hell...

Blood... Blood... BLOOD!!! Tumblr_nfcvgaGn6O1sfyyvno1_1280

Even if he had left... Even if that man was long gone Darius now knew for certain...

Jondar was here...
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:44 am

Darius couldn't bare the sight of the gore in the room so he quickly exited the room, slamming the door behind him. To think that someone would have the gall to commit such... foul heresy in a chapel. Darius was about to make his way out of the chapel, he needed to report to the others! He paused...

He didn't move... There wasn't a sound in the air... The cold air of the night chilled his skin. His eyes slowly turned to look around the chapel... it was... darker... much much darker... clouds had rolled in and bolted out the light of the moon. Darius could not see. But... He couldn't help but feel as though something or someone was there... some... entity was there with him... His breathing and heart rate slowed... And then finally... he had a few foot steps... and they were not his.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:08 am

Darius drew held his blade forward toward the darkness, he still could hear nothing, it was as though the dark was playing games with him. Darius was no a man for games... he held his hand aloft and summoned a small ball of holy fire to illuminate the chapel like a torch. He looked around but saw... nothing... his light did nothing, he could not penetrate the darkness, he could try to look forward but would still see only the black pitch black embrace of the shadow welcoming him. Darius stood silent, in disbelief... this... this was a dream, a nightmare, it had to be! He lowered his hand, his fire fading away... He swallowed his fear and took a few steps forward into the darkness before stopping again, swearing he heard the sound of more movement. Darius had enough of this, he called out angrily and anxiously "Who are you!? i am in no mood for games!" he said. His nerves were getting to him... he was shouting at shadows now... "Y-you don't scare me! Show yourself!" he said. He was met with no answer. Darius made his way toward the far end of the chapel toward the door, he wanted... no... needed to be out. He swore he heard something run past him as he ran for the door in the dark but he ignored it, he shoulder slammed into the now solidly locked door. He tried to push it open frantically. "DAMN YOU! OPEN!" he screamed in desperation.

Darius silently spat curses, his head was spinning and his heart was racing, he turned around, his back against the door. he held out his sword anxiously expecting something to strike at him. And then... he heard his... foul... foul voice...

"Sturnn..."
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:29 am

Darius' face went pale... his blood turned to ice... He knew that voice anywhere... It was the voice of the man who beat him till he was bloody countless times, the man who tore him apart piece by piece leaving him a shambling wreck of a human, the man who built him back from the ground up, the man who trained him and made him worthy of the title paladin, his mentor and trainer... The Chaplain... "Jondar..." Darius said, the venom practically seeping out of his mouth as he uttered those words.

Darius saw the unholy glow of a blade made of blood red steel shine through the darkness... there was no mistaking it... Only Jondar could wield such an unholy weapon... The clouds the covered the moon passed, revealing a man clad in black armor. His gauntlets bore claws that could tear through flesh, his dark armor bore the sigils and markings of an unholy and despicable faith, his skin was pale... as though he had been dead for centuries, and his eyes... as black as the darkness that had consumed him. This man was once a Paladin Chaplain... but now here he was... a disgusting... vile... heretic... He stared at Darius with a cold judging expression, not saying a word.

The heat returned to Darius as he remembered who his foe was... this was the man who caused unbelievable death and chaos within the paladin order... and he was just standing there... Darius hated him... and he was so close... so close... he could almost kill him... Jondar sighed and turned away from Darius, which angered him even more. "JONDAR!" he shouted.

"The blood of the order... of your brothers... demands JUSTICE! Come forth coward... and ANSWER for your crimes!" Darius shouted in rage and zeal.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:49 am

Jondar turned back around, he stared Darius in the eye. He took a few steps forward toward him. "Sturnn... You speak of Justice... Of cowardice..." He pointed his blade forward and tilted his head just a bit, letting his long jet black hair fall. "I will show you the Justice of blood... And the true meaning... Of fear..." he said brandishing his blade, preparing to strike. Whatever fear Darius felt was soon washed away with nothing but pure... Raw... Hatred and anger. Darius brandished his blade as well and charged at Jondar, starting the battle off with a strike filled with pure rage rather than righteousness. Jondar of course saw this coming from a mile away and caught the blade with his hand, Darius' eyes widened in shock before Jondar's metal plated knee was sent painfully into his chest launching Darius into the nearby wall. "So predictable..." Jondar said as Darius got up, coughing up a bit of blood from the sheer blunt shock.

Darius finally got back up to his feet, not willing to give up just yet, he sent a ball of holy flame flying at Jondar. "Pathetic..." he said as he easily dodged the attack, he lunged forward and grabbed Darius by the throat, throwing him onto the ground at the center of the room. "You've learned NOTHING Sturnn... You were ill prepared but you allowed to pride and irrationality to draw you here... You ought to be ashamed!"
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:18 am

Darius was bewildered, he was like a wild animal, he was filled with unbridled rage and emotion but fear and despair, he couldn't make sense of his own head. To make matters worse, Jondar charged with his sword, dragging it along the floor creating sparks that flew into the air and burnt the dust on the ground. Darius rolled out of the way just in time as Jondar's blade ran through the ground like a knife through water. Darius quickly jumped up onto his feet, he held his sword out in defense against Jondar. The black knight glared angrily "You fools... you never know when to submit!" Jondar said sending an attack flying toward Darius' head, he parried just barely, and again only just parried another attack, this proceeded a few more times before Jondar planted a kick right on Darius' chest sending him reeling back into the Chapel door. Darius couldn't believe it... this was like a twisted memory of his past... It was as though he was a paladin initiate again, being utterly annihilated by the overwhelming power of his Chaplain trainer. Jondar lunged forward, Darius darted out of the way, Jondar's sword ran through the wooden door, he growled and pulled it out before charging Darius once more.

Darius thought combating Thule was hard... this... this was impossible! Jondar was not only a chaplain, he was the best chaplain the order had to offer, and now he was imbued with unholy powers. Darius tried his best to parry and block blow after blow but eventually one made it through his defense and slammed into his armor, denting inward causing Darius great pain. He screamed out as his side was pressed painfully by the indented metal. Jondar did not relent and landed a strong punch on Darius' face sending him falling backwards. Jondar fought with the strength of a daemon... he was unnatural... he had strength to surpass any mere mortal. Jondar picked Darius up off the ground by his neck. "I always found you my most promising student Sturnn... but it seems you need more training if you are to join me..." "I'll never join you, you disgusting abomination!" Darius said spitting saliva and blood on Jondar's face. Jondar growled and threw his across the chapel, Darius crashed into the alter breaking it in half.

Darius could hardly breath, by now he had lost grip of his blade and frankly couldn't see straight enough to tell where it was... but he had to fight... he had to! He vowed that he would kill Jondar for what he did and he wasn't going to let him get away now. Jondar watched silently as Darius slowly got himself up back onto his feet, he brandished his fists as he no longer had a weapon. Jondar laughed softly "Ah... I'm starting to recognize that spirit of yours... you never were one to give up... It seems I'll have to break you after all." he said as he lunged forward with blade. Darius barely caught it as it rammed forward into his stomach, piercing his armor and tearing at his flesh, not enough to kill but enough to cause immense pain. Darius screamed with agony as he forced the blade out of him, throwing Jondar back. Darius roared in anger as he ran forward actually landed a punch on Jondar's face, he then sent a flurry of vigor filled punches that connected with either Jondar's head or his armor. Jondar reeled back just a bit, now... now he was angered. The emboldened Darius charged again with his fists, but Jondar swung his hand upward... And sliced through the flesh on his face... from his cheek up through his eye all the way to his brow. Darius' heart nearly stopped, and then the pain set in, he grasped his face and fell back onto the ground. He yelled and shouted out in utter pain and agony as he bled and cried onto the ground.

Jondar then pressed his metal boot heel onto his throat, beginning to strangle the life out of him.
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:43 pm

There Darius lay, with the heel of the man he once knew pressing down on him. He couldn't breath, he choked under the immense pressure trying his very hardest to lift his foot off of his throat but he simply couldn't. His vision began to fade... His hands shivered and trembled in weakness. His mind raced in horror... this... this was how he'd die, in a cold abandoned chapel... the spilling of blood desecrating it's once holy grounds. He had failed the paladins... he had failed his brothers... and failed himself... but... then it hit him... "Aleah..." he managed to squeak out through the strangulation. Tears and blood fell from his eyes as he remembered the promise he'd made... he lied to her... once again... Once more he shouted out in pain and utter agony.

"FORGIVE ME ALEAH!!!"

And then finally... his body froze and went limp... and with the last gurgle Darius lay dead and broken on the ground. Jondar removed his foot, taking a few steps back to marvel at his handiwork. "Hmph... You fought well Darius... but not well enough..." he said with a grin as he sheathed his blade.

It was over... Darius was gone... but something happened. In his last moment Darius had prayed for forgiveness... he prayed and begged in penance for his sins against the light and his love. He had allowed hatred to cloud his mind... and he just wanted to atone... it was in this moment that something in the chapel awoke. Jondar saw a small glimmer out of the corner of his eye, he turned to look around at Darius' body to see... something he never imagined possible. "No... That... that cannot be..."
    Voipray
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Jondar stepped back in utter shock... Darius was slowly getting back up onto his feet, he stood upright and opened his eyes to reveal a heavenly glow. Jondar sneered at him and drew his blade once more, "It seems I was too gentle with you Darius..." he said as he charged him once more. The slash was sent flying right toward Darius' skull. Only this time, the sword was caught.

Jondar's eyes widened, where Darius once was now stood a man made of holy light and fire, his eyes burned like the sun and he bore great flaming wings. He was a beacon of light... he was... an angel... a guardian... The angel ripped the sword out of Jondar's hands and cast it aside onto the ground. Jondar retaliated with a punch, but before it could connect the angel slammed it's fiery wings it Jondar sending him soaring into the nearby wall, he crashed and broke through the old stone wall onto the cold muddy ground of the outside. Jondar looked around in panic for where this incandescent spirit had gone to, but then he looked up... as though he was staring at the sun... the bright warrior descended from the sky, ramming it's foot into Jondar's stomach making the very ground shake. Jondar crawled a few feet away, he knew when he was beaten... there was no stopping this thing... he swallowed his pride and ran away into the night to disappear in the dark.

The angel swooped back into the now crumbling and collapsing chapel to sweep Darius off of his feet to carry him out. Darius was unconscious... gravely wounded... and in dire need of healing. He made his way through the night toward the nearest town.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content