The Friend's Tavern

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come in come in! Have a seat would ya! Come on, sit down, have a drink, and tell us all about your travels!

Life is Life, and other Announcements! ~ Mumsy

MumsySnuggleButt
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Life is Life, and other Announcements! ~ Mumsy Empty Life is Life, and other Announcements! ~ Mumsy

Post by MumsySnuggleButt Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, Mumsy here to shove some wisdom in your noggins!!

Life right now is busy, and not a whole lot of things have been happening on the forums lately. I'm really sorry for being MIA, but things have just rocketed forward in my life and I hope you guys understand.

I am getting married! I've been preoccupied with first steps and planning celebrations and getting people together. I've got a lot on my mind, however, and it's been keeping me away from writing. It makes me sad that I can't sit down and be creative as often as usual, but I know it's for a good reason.

I'm really excited about the direction my life is going, and I'm glad to have the people around me to support me through the stress.

But in other news:

Something I love is getting new perspectives on things. I love when I look at one thing and have my own ideas, but when I talk to someone else they see something completely different. It's new and interesting, and it helps me change my view on a lot of things, maybe even the world as a whole.

So I'm going to start something I hope you're gonna like.

Mumsy's Weekly Storytime!!

That's right, a weekly prompt from your's truly. Anyone can join in and contribute, but it's not mandatory to participate. Every Thursday, I'm going to post an idea (Noun, setting, scene idea, etc), a picture, a song or song quote, or even just a single word, and we all get to go nuts with it. We can use that piece to write to our heart's content about anything we so desire, and we can see what other people's perspective is as well.

If you wanna participate, just write a reply in the thread of the prompt. You can use any medium of the written word; poetry, short story, lyrics, grocery list, whatever you want. It can be as long or as short as you like - some of my favorite stories ever written have been six words long. (Google that, it's actually really interesting)

Also, I realize that since there's not a whole lot going on and I'm not always on the forums, people may still need to get in contact with me. Anyone who wants it can have my Skype name, I'll be putting it in my profile on here.

But as always, stay lovely.

~ Mumsy

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am