Come in come in! Have a seat would ya! Come on, sit down, have a drink, and tell us all about your travels!

To Walk A Mile... - Pirates

MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

To Walk A Mile... - Pirates

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 am

To Walk a Mile...
    ~A Private FRP~

The city glistened in the warm rays of midday. Katrina's heels tapped as she strode off the plank and onto shore, into the tiny city of Santalla. The white stone nearly blinded her, though it was not an unfamiliar sight. The crowd itself seemed like the sea she knew so well; people flowing and almost moving in sync as a whole. Her feet followed the currents of the city as she waded her way over to the other side of the street, the port lined with shops and restaurants alike.

She frowned with the much more glorious memory of this place. It seemed dull and repetitive now that she had traveled so much, but as a child, this place had been fantastic and magical. Childish romanticism at its finest. Her hand brushed over a vibrant window sill, only marred by cracks in stone and fading paint, warmed by the summer sun.

A sigh escaped her. She did not come to reminisce. She came to relax and forget. Speaking of which..... She turned and searched the crowd, wondering if her counterpart had followed her. That man, regardless of current amiability, could hardly be trusted out of her sight. At least, when it came to her own life. The thought made old scars remember the sting of his blades. She had slipped a knife in her boot, just in case he tried to catch her off guard. Vega, forevermore, will be Vega.
    Voipray
    Admin

Re: To Walk A Mile... - Pirates

Post by Voipray on Mon May 23, 2016 1:06 am

Vega donned a very suave step as her came up from behind Katrina, he had no more shackles, he was free and he wanted everyone to see him and think 'that there is the man who escaped Saizah'. He wanted to be marveled and admired, but... he did want to relax, so he kept his shirt on; can't have the local women getting too excited.

"Ah Katrina! Such a lovely town you've picked, it's certainly... eh... earthen?" he grimaced slightly, expecting more of a grand get away, but anything would do just about now. "Ah well, sure it could use a fresh coat of paint but mayhaps they have a decent spa? If not... I suggest we travel to a more refined town." Vega crossed his arms with a minor sigh.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Mon May 23, 2016 1:47 am

"Oh but Vega, darling, it is rather quaint, isn't it?" She rolled her eyes and gazed over at her 'friend' in the usual mild annoyance. "And, yes, it has a spa, my princess." She hissed the word, hoping to get at him. The animosity was merely entertaining, now that she actually had to stay in his good graces.

She slid back into a relaxed posture and ran a hand through her lightly tied hair, trying to replace the images that brought back the sickening feeling of guilt. A flip of her hair shook her back to the present. "We just have to walk. Or is that too much work for his highness? Too unrefined?" Her stride was long, her hips swinging with each step, and she half-heartedly hoped she would lose him. Only slightly so.

Truly, she didn't mind Vega. But he would never hear it from her as long as she continued to draw breath. For now, she walked down the vaguely familiar street, towards the spa. "Do keep up, Darling. Wouldn't want to miss the musicians that play. The songs drift into the spa." A faint smile pulled at her lips. Now if only it wasn't uphill...
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 am

Vega narrowed his eyes, normally if Katrina was giving him sass he'd have brought out his classy death threats, however he can't do that. "Princess?" he said under his breath "Gah... whatever." he sighed and hurried alongside her. "So this town, how'd you pick it out again? Let's be honest, you wouldn't stop at any 'quaint' town unless you had something you wanted to do there." he crossed his arms giving her his signature 'I'm right' look.

"I'm fine with the spa idea but... well, I was expecting a bit more indulgence after all that slaver non sense. Still a little offended he picked you over me as a show girl. Hell I'd have gone out there in your fancy silken panties, just... did he have to give me the damn manual labor far away from all the fawning ladies?" he was getting angry. "Ah dear god I'm doing it again..." he sighed "Just breath... he got what he deserved..." he composed himself, adjusting his hair.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Mon May 23, 2016 11:41 pm

"First of all, you are never getting anywhere near my undergarments. Second of all, you know just as well as I that it was my hope and desire for us to trade places. Thirdly, let's not talk about that horrid place, yes?" She rolled her jaw, hoping he would gain some sense to use.

Roughly sighing, she moved on to the topic at hand. "I visited under my captain's rule on the Don. He was superstitious, as many sailors are." She turned and scooted between two groups of people, continuing to talk, "And there is - or was, at least - a medicine, voodoo woman he visited when he was younger, and she became one of his contacts. Gave him info on magic items, or nobles who came to her, or rumors. I only spoke with her the once, but she might be of some use to us if she has any knowledge."

She turned down a side street, thankfully less crowded, and the houses and shops became nicer and more elegant. "And I have one of my own who just so happens to have taken her vacation here." Muttering this, she hoped Vega wouldn't pay much attention to that one. Lily was her last resort. "Though I don't think she'll be helpful."

"Besides, there's more than just the spa of course, but it is first on the list." She turned again, down a bright street. Nicely dressed people dotted the road, and up at the top was a white, stone building, adorned with greenery. Soft, balladic music floated through the street.
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Tue May 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Vega smiled, finally starting to see atleast a little of the town's charm. "A magic woman eh? Hm... Not too sure if I can trust the occult people anymore ever since a witch tried to give me a toad's face for stealing. She got what was coming though. But... That does sound interesting." he sighed and closed his eyes for a moment to take in the musics. "You know... I could get used to this."

He looked over to Katrina "Uh, Katrina dear? Now I know you had no choice when joining up with me but... there's no hard feelings about all the... eh... murder attempts? Right? I mean if we are to be in the same crew I want to make sure there is no ill will between us." he said with an oddly courteous tone; courteous for him anyway.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Tue May 24, 2016 9:07 pm

She turned to look at him and blinked a few times. It took her a moment to calculate his words, then she genuinely.... smiled. However, it was quickly overruled by a mischievous grin, as she began gently teasing her companion. "Vega..! Who knew, you had a heart under that narcissistic bluster. I'm touched that you care." She placed a hand over her heart, "Truly." But the fact that he was acknowledging it eased her mind a bit, and it showed in the way her shoulders relaxed a hair.

"By the way, no, I've always taken the attempts on my life in stride." She took it as a challenge, and a spite against him when she managed to stay alive. She took pride at evading his attacks, and almost would miss them, if his intentions are genuine. She wouldn't ever stop being suspicious, but now she could sleep easier. "So there is no ill will."

A glimmer caught her eye as they passed an open storefront. It was filled to the brim with strange objects, and an old man sat in the corner of the store. On one of the shelves hung an amulet glittering in the sunlight. It was of great size, two dragons on either side of a mirror'ed back, also adorned with a precious gem in either eye of the dragons. Katrina found herself unable to look away for quite some time, having stopped in the road to stare.

Vega would notice the storeman look up. "My Lady.... You seem captivated by my wares. Perhaps I can interest you in something...?" But Katrina didn't respond. He slowly stood and waddled over to the table and shelf. "Maybe.... This?" As he moved the amulet, the hold on Katrina was broken; she jerked back and blinked, now staring at the man. "Ahhh... I see..." He took it down completely and held it in his hand, holding it out letting the sun reflect in the mirror and the stones in the dragons' eyes shine. "I will part with it for forty gold. It's ancient, and said to bring new perspective to the wearer."

Katrina's eyes wandered back down to the amulet, once more entranced. She blinked and shook her head slightly, a headache starting to form. "I'm... not sure..." The amulet was beautiful...
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 am

Vega eyed the amulet, and saw how infatuated Katrina was with it. It honestly wasn't even that impressive but, somehow... Vega threw a small pouch at the old man, the gold coins inside jingling and jangling as they flew the air and thumped onto the man's lap. "Thirty gold and you have a deal my good man." he smirked and crossed his arms as he awaited the man's response.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Wed May 25, 2016 1:22 am

Her eyes shot over to Vega, her skepticism returning. "Vega, I'm-"

But the man smiled and nodded. "I see. A gift for the lady then, of course. For that, I shall concede." With a gesture, he stood and took the bag and the amulet back into the shop. It wasn't much time before he returned with a cloth bag and a small note for Vega. "A pleasure doing business, friends."

Katrina's eyes squint a bit as she continues watching Vega. She was completely capable of purchasing her own items, and she started wondering about his motive. Yet, when the man approached her, her eyes locked on the bag. "I hope you find a new perspective, my lady." He winked at her and grinned, before turning and walking away.

Slowly, she placed the bag in her pocket. Watching the man leave, she spoke quietly. "Vega, I could have bought it myself. You didn't have to." Yet her hand lingered in her pocket, caressing the velvet bag. Perhaps if she put it on.... She swallowed and removed her hand.
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Wed May 25, 2016 1:41 am

Vega laughed "Non sense! I am an extravagant man and a man such as myself always treats his women." he paused "Eh... well... I did see how you liked it soooo... Consider it a welcoming gift, to welcome you onto my crew. At the very least that is." He smiled. Vega was... changing, it seemed the whole slavery fiasco had humbled him in a way. He was still an insufferable ass, but an ass with a kind heart; but an ass nonetheless.

"Although... maybe put it on later? Just one less thing to take off at the spa I'd imagine." he said as he yawned. "Speaking of Spa, how far are we from this place? It had better be close by."
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 am

She nodded slowly, still unconvinced of truly pure intentions. "It's just up here." She waved a hand before crossing her arms. Did he really mean well? No matter. Something to think about later. She spun on a heel and took long strides up the hill, and sped up the steps into the building.

music:

She had to take a breath at how the air changed; a light sea breeze filled the open building and mixed with the soaps and incenses, creating something quite marvelous and relaxing. The music echoed a bit now, mixing with the scent and light candle light that mixed with the soon to be setting sun. Beside them, a woman appeared, dressed in soft, white clothes. "Hello," She spoke quietly, almost a whisper, like she didn't want to disturb the calm atmosphere, "Welcome to The Lotus. Do you have an appointment with us today?"

Katrina nodded, "Under Bryce." The woman nodded and trotted behind a desk to flip through a book.

"Katrina Bryce, and a plus one?" Once again, Katrina nodded. "Follow me."

She looked to Vega and began walking again, "Refined enough for you?"
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Wed May 25, 2016 1:52 am

He bit his lip as he eyed around the place, it was genuinely quite nice but he couldn't help but be an ass about things. "Hmmm... I don't know... it seems nice enough but the customer service seems a bit lacking in certain regions." He crossed his arms "And... Well personally the aroma is not entirely to my taste, why have a spa if it does not smell of Love and Roses." He sighed "Well... I suppose it will have to do." he chuckled at his own sarcasm.

"Truthfully, I'm just glad we can actually relax, regardless of the lack of Rose petals." he began stretching as they walked along. "So what'd first on the agenda? Massage? Bathes? Sauna? I'm dying to know."
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Wed May 25, 2016 2:06 am

Instead of Katrina, their hostess replied, "First is the massage, sir, then you may relax in the baths. Our saunas are optional of course. Our masseuses are professional and are the best in the region. I think you will quite like them. And our bathing house is warmed to a comfortable heat to ease tired bodies. While we recommend that men and women change separately, it is communal. We also offer private rooms for the shy." She glanced back, "And we can add roses, of course." Her lashes fluttered above a soft smile, then she turned to continue walking.

Katrina smiled and made a "See?" face. They walked through quiet, open halls, receiving gorgeous mountain views of the city and sea beyond, even catching a glimpse of the dock and Vega's ship. Her hand itched, wanting to go back into the pocket, but Katrina resisted, instead letting her eyes wander to the open ocean.

Without much time passing, they arrived at two doors, where the woman stopped. "The massage requires you to strip into undergarments, but a cover is always available if you're uncomfortable." She motioned to the doors. "Gentlemen to the left, and Ladies to the right." She bowed and left them, her steps echoing their patter behind her.

"What did I tell you, Vega." She grinned at her counterpart. "Nice, No?" Again, the urge to pull the amulet out tugged at the back of her mind.
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am

Vega pleasantly smiled as he was rather surprised by the sudden finery being thrust upon him "Yes, very nice. But..." he grinned "How do we get those roses? Is it just like one of those things where you take a handful from a basket in the center of a room or something?" he chuckled. "Regardless I am very much looking forward to this. Aswell as the view~." he smirked and nudged her with his elbow.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 am

Katrina rolled her eyes as he pushed her. "You cannot actually mean that. After Saizah, I thought you'd have had your fill of seeing quite a bit of me." She turned towards the door, hoping he wouldn't see the red creeping up her throat. She absolutely detested the attention brought to her. She was not any more remarkable than any other woman, especially with her body lined with scars and half healed battle wounds. Even putting aside-

She snatched the door handle and walked inside the room. Vega's would be identical to hers; a few chairs and cushions in a small room, with a hook and a table for someone's belongings to rest upon. Soft blue accented by pale yellow made Katrina slightly more sick than relaxed. She began to undress, hoping that the walls were thicker than they looked.
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Thu May 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Vega sighed, she was right, he had seen quite a bit of her while in captivity. But... Not the way he had hoped. He entered the room and began to undress. Ever since the whole Saizah incident he felt a little bad about teasing and mocking her, she was his rival but... seeing everything she had ans was taken away from her in an instant; it was unfair even to him. And he saw what she looked like broken and in pain, in utter shame. He always thought the idea of seeing her defeated would be appealing but... no, it was appalling. However he took comfort in the fact that he was giving her something else, a place and a status at the very least if not a future. He sighed and finished undressing.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Upon exiting, they would be met with two smiling ladies, each standing at their own massage table. "Greetings." They spoke in unison, even bowing together as well. Per to Vega's request, roses were scattered around and candles were glowing, giving the room a warm, soft light.

Katrina walked fearlessly ahead, the half healed scars from their captivity bared for all to see. When she laid down, the women looked between each other with a concerned gaze. Katrina said nothing, simply laying her head to face away from everyone. Regardless, the one lady began Katrina's massage, and the other one beckoned Vega forward.
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Vega sneered a bit as the women silently remarked on Katrina's blemishes, he wasn't about to start pointing fingers but he was not going to take kindly to them defaming her. Regardless he laid down next to Katrina as well, sighing in relief "Goodness I have been waiting for this for far too long now." he closed his eyes and let the ladies work their magic.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Her eyes closed as hands massaged the abused and neglected muscles. She sighed deeply, ignoring the ache in her ribs. "I can't remember the last time I did something like this." A lingering musician from the streets below played one final ballad, the melody lazily drifting in. The last rays of dusk mixed with the flickering candlelight, the room shrouded in shadows where neither could reach. She tried to think back, "Years... I know that much." The delicate motions from the women eased her mind to a slow pace and she brushed the lingering memories away. "This.... is nice."

The ladies quietly spoke in a foreign language as they worked on the two. Katrina's attention was tugged from it's near trancelike state with each whispered word. It was simple enough a language, she casually mused, one she easily caught onto alongside others. She paid little attention to their conversation, easing back into relaxation.

Had her mind not brushed past the amulet still resting in her pants pocket. A hefted sigh rattled through her torso as she tried to clear her thoughts. The urge to see the glint of the metal and the shine in the stone was almost obsessive as she fought to stay still. "Vega," She forced her focus to shift, "Now that you've seen the finer parts, how are you liking Santalla?"
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Vega almost didn't respond to her right away "Mmmmm-oooh it's... it's quite nice now that I'm here. Very nice~..." he said as the masseuse went to work on him. "Buuuut... we'll just have to see how nice the bath facilities are now won't we? Can't claim to be a good spa without an excellent bath house? right?" he chuckled "Ah I apologize, I'm being quite terrible, I'll be quiet now.~" he said with a small laugh as he closed his eyes and enjoyed himself.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Perhaps it was better to move onward. Her mind was given too much idle time. "No, I quite agree. Shall we inspect their bath house now?" Her words were spoken a bit too quickly, too eagerly. She sat up, brushing the young woman's hands off of her. She tolerated the massage, but aimless touching made her skin crawl, especially from other women. Men could be anticipated, predicted, but women... Another stroke on the shoulder caused her to cringe.

It was only when she turned to see a towel in the woman's hands that she realized she was trying to get her attention. Katrina gave her an apologetic smile and took the cloth, wrapping it around her torso. The other woman would to the same for Vega, except more... enthusiatically; Her eyes fluttering under long, dark lashes, and she gave him a soft, hopeful pout. Katrina rolled her eyes. Vega would eat her alive, the poor girl. "Shall we depart, Vega?"
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Vega smiled, only half hearing Katrina "Sure thing~" he said taking the towel and wrapping up. He got up to follow Katrina out, but... placing a hand on the girl's cheek letting his hand slide down and off her chin as he walked away, giving her a wink as he left with Katrina. "Where to now?" Vega asked with a smug grin half hoping Katrina caught that stunt.
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:22 am

It was hard not to watch. She glowered at him, all while the girl ran back to her partner, giggling and bouncing. They jabbered in their language, giddy about the attention. She shook her head and rolled her eyes once more. Pathetic. "Are you done...? Or do I need to give you a few minutes?" It soured her mood a bit, but she turned and pushed it out of her mind. "It's a good thing I know my way around here, you've flustered our guides."
    Voipray
    Admin

Post by Voipray on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:30 am

"Guides shmides, who needs a guide anyway, I can navigate my way across the seas~ darling, I'm sure I can live without a guide in a city." he chuckled as he followed Katrina "and you didn't answer me before, Where to next?'
    MumsySnuggleButt
    Admin

Post by MumsySnuggleButt on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:40 am

She hopped by and grabbed her belongings as they walked by, and were now greeted by the early evening stars. Her hand itched again, an itch that crawled all the way up her arm. She played it off as a gust of wind blew through the open hallway and rubbed it with the other hand. It was rather odd, given that there was no chill in the air, but hopefully he would chalk it up to their lack of dress.

"Favorite color...?" She shot back. More of this ridiculous game? She had asked him a handful of questions during their captivity, and it was always to distract herself. Wait... Had she asked that one yet...? The wonder almost made her miss a turn down the correct hallway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm